AAA provides the following tips for motorists to help keep everyone safe on Halloween. Click the link below for additional tips for parents and trick-or-treaters.
- Slow down in residential neighborhoods and obey all traffic signs and signals. Drive at least 5 mph below the posted speed limit to give yourself extra time to react to children who may dart into the street.
- Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs. In dark costumes, they’ll be harder to see at night.
- Look for children crossing the street. They may not be paying attention to traffic and cross the street mid-block or between parked cars.
- Carefully enter and exit driveways and alleys.
- Turn on your headlights to make yourself more visible – even in the daylight.
- Broaden your scanning by looking for children left and right into yards and front porches.
Learn more at //exchange.aaa.com/safety/child-safety/halloween-safety/#.WBKRgvnx6Ul