As the summer holidays approach, now may be a good time to schedule maintenance service with a licensed auto repair center to get your vehicle in peak summer-ready condition.
The Valencia Auto Center dealerships, representing 24 brands, recommends the following pre-trip checklist before hitting the road this summer.
1. Check the brake system, and battery connections to be sure they are clean, tight and corrosion-free.
2. Check filters and fluids: engine oil, power steering, brake, transmission, windshield washer solvent, and antifreeze/coolant. Also, check air filters as dirty filters can waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
3. Check hoses and belts, which may be cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. The electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system rely upon hoses and belts to function properly.
4. Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Underinflated tires reduce a vehicle's fuel economy, and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Also, check for bulges and bald spots.
5. Check that the gas cap is not damaged, loose or missing to prevent gas from spilling or evaporating.Click here
to schedule service at one of the many participating dealerships.